Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A Little Rain from Heaven

Sunday brought us a wonderfully wet day with slow soft showers from early morning until middle of the afternoon. The seeds we planted Saturday got watered in pretty well and we irrigated again on Monday evening just to keep them moist. Meanwhile, the beans in the raised beds have already sprouted. And those seeds were left overs from late last summer!

Last night brought more rain and some thunder/lightening, too, pretty late. Got the Jim Cantore phone call from the Weather Channel at 12:00 midnight saying there was a thunderstorm warning for our area for the next hour. I really like that feature they offer and the fee is not much. Living with no TV for a month and keeping the radio off, too, makes for an uninformed housewife. On most things lately, that's good. On severe weather, not so much. And doubly so in the middle of the night!

Anyway, I strawed the potatoes again and I need to transplant the lettuce, if it's not already past the point at which that will work. I'm not much of a salad gardener; I'm much better with beans and tomatoes, but I love the greens (from a consumption perspective) and therefore I need to acquire some experience. Will document the success (or failure) of that project upon it's completion.

No comments: